Sunday 1 February 2015

January favourites 2015



It's the end of the month (unbelievably), so the perfect time to show you what my favourite products throughout the month of January have been...



I got this brush for Christmas, and as I’ve already done a post about it (see here), I won’t ramble on too much. I have used it every single day throughout January and I absolutely adore it. It’s the perfect companion for anyone with hair prone to tangling (read knotting like a bird’s nest) and is especially great to use straight after conditioning your hair in the shower. I would hate to be without this brush now, so it’s definitely a January favourite!

This was also a Christmas present, and the first Zoeva brush I’ve tried (I also got two eye brushes from Zoeva, but haven’t used them much yet). It’s the perfect size and density for really buffing in foundation, which is the finish I prefer. I would never be tempted back to the traditional ‘flat’ foundation brushes from years ago. I think I will be trying a few more brushes from the Zoeva range because so far I am very impressed.



This is one of Lush’s limited edition Christmas shower gels, in a super sweet bubble gum fragrance. I picked it up because it was the same scent as their lip scrub which I love, and I have really enjoyed using it. It’s far from grown up and sophisticated, but you have to be childish every so often! I’ve already finished a bottle but luckily have another one as back up as the next time I’ll be able to get my hands on it is next Christmas.


This has been a favourite of mine for a while, but as I only recently got a new bottle in December (ie Christmas), I’ve rediscovered my love for it. It’s simply the best cleanser I’ve ever used. It easily removes all of my makeup (including eye makeup) every night in no time at all. Yes, it does leave me looking like a crazy clown/panda, but then I simply wipe away the evidence with a warm flannel. I look forward to taking my makeup off each night and this product means I get it done quickly, while still feeling pampered.

I bought this at the beginning of January  and I’ve really loved it. It stays on my oily skin all day (from 7am – 9pm) with little or no need to powder half way through the day. It’s a lovely coverage that can be built up in areas I need it. It doesn’t feel heavy or cakey, yet it doesn’t slide off either. I am very impressed so far! My only problem with it though, came when I wanted to wash my brush I’d been using this with. It was a nightmare! It clogs in each brush hair and I scrubbed it and rinsed it for a good 20 mins with no luck. I suppose it’s a sign that it won’t budge from my face either!

– I have had this lip balm for a while now, but in the last month I’ve been using it religiously. When the cold weather hits, my lips always get drier and this has really been helping. It’s not greasy like some lip balms and I like the stick applicator as it’s less messy than a pot. The best thing about it though, has got to be the scent. I can’t put my finger on it, but it’s really fresh and natural smelling but also reminds me of aromatherapy scents.


I bought this quite a while ago when I ran out of moisturiser and happened to be shopping in Asda. It's lovely and rich, so I much prefer it in the winter months/ at night. It feels really luxurious when you massage it into the skin, even though it's so cheap! The smell reminds me of herbal high-end products and it's lovely to put on at the end of the day before getting into bed. I like moisturisers with a pump mechanism too, as you can get out as much as you want without having to 'faff' around with sticking your fingers in a pot.


Then there are a couple of things I've been loving that aren't beauty related...


Another Christmas present! (Can you see a theme here?) This was bought for me by my lovely boyfriend Curtis, and I’ve worn it alternately with my Olivia Burton watch. It’s really sleek and simple and I love the inclusion of both silver and rose gold – especially because I wear a mixture of gold and silver jewellery on a daily basis. I also love the white face, with the trademark ‘MARC’ initials making up the numbers on the dial. I have quite small wrists so unfortunately had to have quite a few of the links removed – I always feel as though I’m getting rid of money doing that!

I discovered the wonder that is the download function on my BBC iPlayer app this month, and train journeys haven’t been the same since. My commute to work every day is 50 mins there and 50 mins back, so entertainment in that time doesn’t go amiss. Without access to 3G/WiFi for most of the journey, being able to catch up on some TV shows that I’ve already downloaded the night before is ideal. At the moment I am obsessed with Silent Witness and I’m going to be so upset when the series finishes. And of course, I have my guilty pleasure – Eastenders.

I didn't take a picture of these, because let's face it - they're not the most glam are they! With the freezing cold weather that has swept the UK recently, these have been a staple in my work outfits. I wear a lot of skirts/dresses to work, and with these I am kept warm and cosy. They are very thick, so don't look the best under pretty little materials, but for when I'm opting for warmth over style (i.e. every day because of my commute to London), these are what I'm reaching for. They do go bobbly after a couple of washes, but for this price I'm really not complaining.


There we have it, a few of the things I've been loving throughout January. What have been your favourite things this month? Can you recommend me anything you think I should try?





1 comment: