Sunday 3 August 2014

Mini Boots Haul


I was in town last week and had a little bit of money to spend from my Graduation present (result!!), so naturally I 'popped' into Boots. After about half an hour, my boyfriend sighing loudly, and numerous swatches on the back of my hand, I was walking out clutching a back of goodies. I'm never happier than when I am perusing the aisles of Boots - it's one of my favourite stores. These are the things I picked up, I'll do a general overview now and once I've had a few weeks to trial them all, you can expect some more in depth swatches and reviews.

Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray | Currently £4.66 (was £6.99)
This is the only repurchase of the bunch, my third bottle of the stuff! After reading copious reviews of the Oribe Dry Texturising spray, I'll admit I was interested, but with the whooping £39 price tag, I just could not justify buying it. I have naturally thick, wavy hair, but sometimes it can look a little bit limp, so something like this is perfect for adding a bit of body. Now I haven't tried the Oribe one, but I have tried a couple of others, such as Vo5, and this one is definitely the best. It's like a texturising spray and a finishing hairspray in one, adding a little bit of grit to make lank hair a bit more 'oomf-y'. I love this spray and I will continue to buy it, especially as it's so often on a special offer in Boots! I've recently had my hair chopped into a long bob and this is just perfect for making it look tousled and a bit messy (but in the right way).

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 'Elusive 205' | £7.99 (bought on 'buy 1 get 2nd half price' offer)
This is the item I took the longest to decide over. I was stood at the Revlon stand for ages swatching a few shades over and over, holding them up to my lips, and asking my boyfriend to pick one! I even did 'ip-dip-doo' at one point! I settled on this colour because I always go for brights and I felt a nudey-pink would be a nice addition to my collection. I can't believe I haven't tried any of these matte balms yet! I have a few of the original formulas, but this is the first of the mattes. I will give it a trial and update you with my thoughts towards it in the next few weeks. I only hope the formula isn't too drying 'cos I HATE crusty lips!!

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in 'Miami Fever 035' | £7.99 (bought on 'buy 1 get 2nd half price' offer)
I was so excited to find these on the shelves while I was browsing, I didn't think they were out til later in August!! I was going to pick up a few, but after reading a mixed bunch of reviews, I thought I'd play it safe and stick to one to trial. Again, I will upload a full review with swatches soon once I've had a chance to trial it out. The colour is a really pretty orange-toned bright red that's perfect for the summer. I haven't actually tried it out yet, but can I just say that the packaging is gorrrrrgeous! So sleek and looks much more expensive than a 'drugstore' product.

Maybelline New Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser | £7.99 (bought on '3 for 2' offer)
Another product that has been out for ages but I still haven't got round to trying it. I suffer with oily skin (although since changing up my skincare routine it is definitely improving), so anything that claims to mattify the skin while also filling in pores is promising in my eyes! I do have some pores on my nose so I'm interested to see how this lives up to its claims.

Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay Gel Nail Colour in 'Hot Salsa 490' and 'Mint for Life 615' | £4.49 each (bought on '3 for 2' offer)
Entirely influenced by Amelia Liana, I picked up Hot Salsa, thinking it was a bright red shade, but in the flesh it's actually quite a bright pink/coral. They were on a deal, so of course I had to pick up another one .. it would be rude not to!! I'm always on the search for the perfect mint green, but I always find that they're too green for me! This one looks like a perfect really pale mint, so I will report back with swatches and my thoughts on the formula (spoiler: I LOVE IT!)

So there you have it, my mini Boots haul described within an inch of its life! I couldn't resist not including this photo of my little puppy Mac, who was very intrigued by my outdoor photography session. Luckily he didn't pick up any of the items! I'm sure he had his eye on the nail varnish for himself!! I just love how curly the fur on his ears is!!






No comments:

Post a Comment